Saturday, January 15, 2005

Paperblogging One

The white wasteland that is a new Microsoft Word document is daunting enough to send me straight to drown my fear in marzipan. I think it's the sort of thing that was called sublime by the likes of Burke and Kant. So I realized that it was time to put this blogging thing to work. One of the reasons why I told myself that starting a blog was a good idea was to get into the habit of writing regularly, under conditions less intellectually demanding, and thus less intimidating, than the aforesaid MS Word page. I am currently revising a paper on the family in John Rawls's theory of justice, and things are going slow. So we'll call this "paperblogging" and go to town with it...

The paperblogging served its purpose and is now incorporated in the introduction of an actual paper. It has thus been deleted from this post.