Friday, May 20, 2005

Happy blogiversary to me

Tomorrow (May 21) marks a full year since I first posted something on this blog. I'm not sure if it counts as a blogiversary, since the only thing I wrote was this:

Ceci n'es pas un blog

... or so I tell myself. Self-delusion is of the essence in this business. Perhaps in a few days when procrastination beckons once more, I will take the time to say something meaningful.

Who am I kidding? I have been sucked into the blogosphere. From here, the future is laid out in full: I will withdraw into the inner citadel... I will never write my dissertation... I will die alone.

It took me three weeks to post anything else; then, a four month hiatus before a couple of posts on The Princess Bride appeared. In early November, Political Arguments got started and I got me some discipline.

So if it's tomorrow, why are you posting this today? • Because I'll be out of town tomorrow with no reliable access to a computer, so blogging will be light. ¶ Not that it's ever been especially heavy. • Aw, shut up and let me blow out the candle...

Poof.